This is a very tasty recipe perfect for hot days. The mango chilli popsicles are very refreshing and cooling at the same time. These popsicles are very common in Thailand and other parts of Asia where you can find them sold from carts on every other street corner.
These popsicles are very easy to make and will last for a a very long time. You can make a large batch in the spring and have enough popsicles for the entire summer season. The recipe below will give you about 8 popsicles.
For the topping:
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
For the icles:
- 5 very ripe mangoes
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- In a small bowl, mix the chili powder, cayenne and salt together. Set aside.
- Cut one of the mangoes into small cubes. In a small bowl, mix the mango cubes with half of the chili mixture. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the yogurt, remaining mangoes, lime juice and agave syrup. Blend until well combined with a smoothie consistency. Taste and add additional agave if needed.
- In a popsicle mold or cup, add a spoonful of the diced mango with chili. Spoon the mango yogurt smoothie over the chili mango mixture. Insert sticks right away if you have a mold, or insert a popsicle stick in the center after freezing pops for one hour so the stick will stay centered. Freeze for 4 hours or overnight. When ready to serve, run the popsicle mold under warm water for about 15 seconds before pulling out.